The site has been used for millennia as a place of worship.
Clachan Church is the oldest continuously used site in the area. A place of worship has stood there for 800 years. The current church was built in 1817 and, although needing work, we have a surveyor’s report stating that it is in a reasonable state of repair. The burial ground will continue as an active graveyard with a likely extension required soon as many, not just in the local area, have strong connections to the Church and have relatives in the burial ground.